March 31, 2016 - By Injury Law Group
Road Trip Safety
If you are taking a road trip in your vehicle, it is important to practice safe driving and be prepared. Below are a few quick tips to keep your next road trip safe:
- Have your vehicle checked and make sure that it is in good working order before beginning your trip. Especially ensure that your tires, battery, belts, fluids, and heating and cooling system is checked.
- Make sure that you are well rested when driving and try to divide the driving with another adult driver every few hours or take regular breaks.
- Ensure that your child booster seats and car seats are installed properly.
- Make sure that you have an emergency safety kit including water, blankets, a flashlight, jumper cables, flares, tools for changing a tire, a charged cell phone, and first aid kit.
- Never leave children alone in the car.
- Make sure items are stowed appropriately and secured so they won’t be thrown around if stopping suddenly.
- Reduce distractions in the car, and only make phone calls when pulled over safely.
- Obey the speed limit, and slow down when passing emergency vehicles, tow trucks, or construction crews.
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
For more information, click here